[Insight-developers] configuration error about "ITK-Transform"

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri May 20 11:15:20 EDT 2011

On 05/20/2011 09:57 AM, Xiaoxiao Liu wrote:
> There is another configuration error on the dashboard related
> to ITK-Transform, which is probably caused by circular module
> dependency somewhere. You would only see this error when you
> build ITK from a fresh directory.  Brad King is working on a
> scheme to detect circular dependency and prevent this from
> happening again.

Here is a change to detect circular dependencies up front:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1695

I based it on a commit from before the circular dependency was
introduced, so the version in Gerrit will build.  However, when it
is merged the current subtle build failure will be replaced by an
error like this:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:252 (message):
  Module dependency cycle detected:

    ITK-ImageFunction => ITK-Transform => ITK-ImageStatistics => ITK-SpatialObjects => ITK-ImageFunction

-Brad