[Insight-developers] A minimal test for TCL in ITKv4 wrapping

Johnson, Hans J hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Sun May 8 13:53:32 EDT 2011

Gaetan,

I am trying to figure out TCL wrapping in ITKv4 now.

I think I have narrowed it down to a minimal test case that identifies some missing functionality that was in ITKv3, but does not work in ITKv4.

=THE TEST CODE (Used in both ITKv3 and ITKv4) ===========
[johnsonhj at hjhomebuildbox ~]$ cat /tmp/MinimalTest.tcl
package require InsightToolkit

set reader [ itkImageFileReaderIUC2_New ]
$reader SetFileName /tmp/tmp.png
$reader Update
set myImage [ $reader  GetOutput ]
puts [$myImage GetSpacing]

=SUCCESS WITH ITKv3 ===========================
[johnsonhj at hjhomebuildbox ~]$ tclsh /tmp/MinimalTest.tcl
libpng warning: Ignoring truncated iCCP profile.

libpng warning: Ignoring truncated iCCP profile.

_a8598e0201000000_p_itk__VectorTdouble_2u_t

=FAILURE   WITH ITKv4 ==========================
[johnsonhj at hjhomebuildbox ~]$ tclsh /tmp/MinimalTest.tcl
libpng warning: Ignoring truncated iCCP profile.

libpng warning: Ignoring truncated iCCP profile.

invalid command name "_20c5100901000000_p_itkImageUC2"
    while executing
"$myImage GetSpacing"
    invoked from within
"puts [$myImage GetSpacing]"
    (file "/tmp/MinimalTest.tcl" line 7)

This is the last failing component for our PHASE I conversion from ITKv3 to ITKv4.

Any fixes or work-arounds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hans