[Insight-developers] ITKv4 linking errors on Windows 7, MSVC 2010 Express

Xiangrong goddino at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:24:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

We were trying to build ITKv4 (with shared libs) on Windows 7, using MSVC
2010 Express.

We had 30 linking errors, as shown at:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?onlydeltap&buildid=1088494

For example, part of the error could look like this:

*fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\lib\Debug\itkv3p_netlib-4.0.lib'
[C:\src\ITK-cont-Build\Modules\ThirdParty\VNL\src\vxl\v3p\netlib\tests\netlib_lbfgs_example.vcxproj]
*

The .lib files that could not be opened were supposed to be located in the
build tree at:

lib/Debug

There, we could find .lib files that were named almost the same, except that
they were without the trailing minor version number (“.0”).

For e.g., instead of:

itkv3p_netlib-4.0.lib

we have:

itkv3p_netlib-4.lib

However, we do have the .pdb files with names like the expected .lib files
(i.e. with minor version number), e.g.:

itkv3p_netlib-4.0.pdb

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

My own searching led me to this piece of code in the source tree:

CMake/ITKModuleMacros.cmake