[Insight-developers] ITK & WrapITK Install better, still not great.

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed May 4 18:14:06 EDT 2011

I think that WrapITK should

A) install to <prefix>/lib and give libraries versioned names paralleling
ITK4 names
B) Put the wrapping support someplace reasonable -- down in
cmake/ITK-4.0/WrapITK isn't right because it has nothing to do with CMake.

I'd love it if everyone got on board with one true CMake find_package
install path.  HDF puts it in <prefix>/share/cmake/hdf-<version> which is
dead wrong as well -- I though anything in a directory named 'share'
should be platform-independent, and CMake config stuff is pretty specific.