[Insight-developers] GradientToMagnitudeImageFilter name

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue May 3 10:10:51 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:33 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seems reasonable to me.
>>
>> Cory
>
> Once I moved VectorMagnitudeImageFilter to ImageIntensity, the test
> complained that it could not find
> GradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.h (because it is in the
> ImageGradient module). In this case I can just manually create a
> vector image in the test, but is there a way to handle this? Or can
> you absolutely not use anything from one module in another?
>
> David

David,

It is highly discouraged to make changes that introduce new module
dependencies, so you should probably create a vector image within the
test. This will make the test more of a unit test.

Of course, you could also leave VectorMagnitudeImageFilter in the
ImageGradient module and leave moving it to a future patch.

Cory

--
Cory Quammen
Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)