[Insight-developers] ITK/ module directory (was: Musings on new modularization)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 14 10:42:05 EDT 2011

On 03/13/2011 10:32 AM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Rather than
> ITK/ITK
> how about
> ITK/Modules

As discussed during our debate about the directory structure for the
modularized tree, we replaced "itk-" with "ITK/".  One design goal is
to make it possible to integrate several projects' worth of modules
in a single tree and add custom vendor-specific modules:

  ITK/
  GE/
  Kitware/

Therefore something specific to ITK must appear in the path to a module
to ensure it doesn't conflict with others.  Perhaps "Insight/"?

> Rather than
> ITK/ITK/Utilities
> how about
> ITK/Modules/ThirdParty

After splitting the Utilities into "Utilities/" and "ITK/Utilities/" I
was thinking the same thing.  The group name ThirdParty is much more
clear anyway.

-Brad