[Insight-developers] ITK Modular: mingw build problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 11 16:12:29 EST 2011

Bill,

The real problem is that ITK should be used from an installed
directory instead of a build directory.

As more modules are added, that list of "-I" is just going to get
longer and longer (that is not scalable).

By installing ITK, (even if it is done in a user local directory),
all the .h and .txx will go to a flat directory, and then a single
-I will be needed (except for the third party libraries, of which
VXL is the largest provider of -I entries, something that we
probably would like to fix).

---

Of course, we need to first fix the installation process, before
we encourage users to always install ITK before using it.