[Insight-developers] When will ITK w/Modularization be usable?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Mar 10 15:18:08 EST 2011

Kent,

You have been building your project off the nightly builds each night?

I have suggested to a few that it may be best to just build other projects off the tagged alpha releases, as they are more "stable", mark good points and milestones. Would that work for you project? The v4.0a05 was just done over the weekend. As I can not continuously migrate my own projects to the latest nightly, the alpha releases have been when I have made the needed updates.

Brad

On Mar 10, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Williams, Norman K wrote:

> We're in a less than satisfactory position right now with respect to ITK4.
> We had been building a large suite of programs (the various BRAINS
> packages on NITRC) against ITK4.
>
> Now, with the modularization changes, we can no longer do that, because
> the new tree doesn't install -- it doesn't have an ITKConfig.cmake.
>
> I'm not complaining. Well I am but I'm not whining. I know that there are
> positive things about the modularization, and that a little interim pain
> is necessary.  And as much as I can I'll try and report problems and fix
> them if I can.
>
> But is there a timeframe for having things in 'apple pie order' enough to
> resume building with ITK4?
>
> --
> Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu

> Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it.  Thank you.

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine