[Insight-developers] Plan to host the SimpleITK git repo here at Kitware

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 7 12:42:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

First I am wondering what are the current hooks that we have to prevent poorly formed commits and commit history?

Will the stage prevent topic which are based on next getting through?
Where can I find the scripts used to perform these checks as it may be easier for me to ran them, then have them all described?

On Jun 6, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Brad King wrote:

> I added branches on the topic stage pointing at the existing topics.
> One of them is based on next so I named it accordingly.  You'll have to
> rebase that topic.
>
> -Brad K

I am trying to correct this topic. The issues with it are that it contains numerous topics that were merged into next, but are not currently staged. It is oddly dependent on too many topics, and that it has next merged into.

My plan was to abandon it.

Identify the commits that are too dependent ( and save them for later... in the current form, to be later cherry-picked).

And stage the missing topics.

However following instruction here:

http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/Git/Workflow/Stage#Abandoning_a_Topic

$ git revert -n origin/master..HEAD
fatal: Cannot find 'origin/master..HEAD'

Do you have any suggestions on how I  should be able to do this operation?

Also above you mentioned that I should "rebase"  the topic, it's not clear to me how that will work with the topic stage workflow.

Thanks,
Brad L