[Insight-developers] Exception in itkImageToImageFilter.txx for itkPhilipsRECImageIOOrientationTest

Don C Bigler d.bigler1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:45:58 EDT 2011

A bug might exist.  However prior to adding VerifyImageInformation the
code I created in the test produced the desired result.  Additionally,
I've been using the same code routinely to do image fusion of images
acquired during a single scan session.  It works not just for the
itkPhilipsRECImageIO class but for DICOM images as well.

I should point out that I discovered that I needed to use the identity
matrix by accident because when I first created the test I tried to
create the transform manually.  It failed until I used the identity
matrix.  Note that I call UseReferenceImageOn() in the resample
filter.  I might be missing something here, but when I looked at the
resample code it appeared to me that ITK does transforms in real world
coordinates, not image coordinates.  So my test appears to be a
special case that only works when the target and reference images are