[Insight-developers] CDash Status Update Please?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jul 12 15:49:09 EDT 2011

On 7/12/2011 1:11 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The database was down again this morning but now seems to be up.
>
> Yesterday we had over 230 commits (thanks to the gerrit-aton mostly),
> but today's dashboard is still empty.
>
> 1) Do we understand why the database is disconnecting? CDash has been
> highly reliable for a long time. What has changed?
Sadly, nothing has changed... (it has gotten bigger, but not that much
bigger).
> 2) I assume that cdash is trying to catch up. Any estimates when this
> might happen?
We have disabled cdash for the moment, see below.
> 3) Gerrit robot builds are not showing up, I assume that this s
> related to the cdash problems?
Yes, that is related.

> I suggest that we hold off on new merges to master until things settle down.

We are moving the CDash DB to a new machine.  So, CDash has been taken
offline totally during the move.  We are not exactly sure why it went
down.  We are hoping that moving it to a new more powerful machine will
fix the issues we are seeing.  It will at a minimum remove contention
with Gerrit as a source of the problem.  The DB is 130Gigs for CDash
right now, and we are waiting for mysqldump to create a backup that we
can import on the new server.  We hope to have it up in the next 4 hours.

Sorry for the delay, we have been working very hard to get things going
as soon as possible.  I will send out another update at 8pm tonight with
the status.

-Bill