[Insight-developers] ITKv4 : List of Supported Compilers

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Jan 26 16:22:21 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> Thanks all for your comments.
>
> I have now updated the Wiki page.
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Modern_C%2B%2B
>

>   Luis

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:47:58 -0500, Luis Ibanez said:
>>
>>>We are trying to explicitly list the supported compilers for ITKv4:
>>>
>>>http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Modern_C%2B%2B
>>>

>>>Please take a look and let us know if you
>>>see anything that should be changed.
>>
>> When you say "MWORKS compilers", I assume you mean Metrowerks
>> Codewarrior?  I would rename it, because it wasn't widely referred to as
>> MWORKS.
>>
>> --
>> Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com
>> Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
>> Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Should we add to this page to state explicitly what Operating System
versions ITKv4 will run on?

For example, should we bother running dashboards on "midworld" (where
the build alone takes more than 12 hours) which is Kitware's 2nd
oldest Mac, still running 10.3.9?

Also, what is the oldest version of Microsoft Windows that ITKv4 will
run on? Is "Windows XP" and later sufficient? (Or even "7" or
later...?) :-)

If not explicit about these things, then the de facto set of supported
Operating Systems that ITKv4 will actually work on is the union of the
OS versions of our regular dashboard clients that build and run the
test suite.

Just wondering...

David C.