[Insight-developers] Data submodule was reverted again ( staging check needed? )

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 25 11:08:59 EST 2011

Hello,

I updated the data submodule over the weekend. And moved the submodule pointer along in the ITK project. Unfortunately, this change was over written again. This appears to be a common problem, and this is at least the second time this has happened to me.

I believe we need some commit checks and staging area checks to prevent this from happening. I would think that it would not be too difficult to check that the Data submodule pointer only get moved forwards not backwards, during a commit and in the staging area. This would still allow a direct commit into the ITK repository to have more control if needed. I believe this would prevent this kind of accident from happening again. Or is the better solution?

I will be restoring the Data submodule pointer now.

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for