[Insight-developers] Dashboard warnings for your Debian submission

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Mon Aug 15 20:50:06 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 09:07:05AM -0400, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Your dashboard is warning:
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libjpeg.so.62, needed by /usr/lib64/libtiff.so, may
> conflict with libjpeg.so.8
>
> I realize that this build is using system libraries. But it seems to have
> two libjpeg's of different versions. Is the libjpeg.so.62 an old one left in
> your build tree or is ITK building it each night?

Neither!  There are two *SYSTEM* jpegs, as Debian is in a transition [1]
from one (libjpeg.so.62) to the other (libjpeg.so.8).  Linking with
"-ljpeg" uses the new one, while libtiff uses the old one, so anything
using both "-ltiff -ljpeg" gets this warning.

I'll see if I can get a libtiff built with the new jpeg and
avoid this warning.

Regards,
-Steve