[Insight-developers] Change in ITK[master]: WIP: Accumulated changes to Transform and effected classes.

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Sun Aug 14 17:48:12 EDT 2011

Hi Rupert,

> I think one JIRA issue may have been missed.  Based on my mental math
> (which could certainly be flawed) i was not convinced the GetJacobian
> method in the CompositeTransform was working as it should.  Mainly
> because i dont see how it can, without calling the
> GetJacobianWithRespectToPosition, but it doesnt call it.  In any case,
> Michael asked me to treat this as work in progress and not do a full
> numerical test yet.  It should be done someday though, and i am
> notoriously forgetful.   I'm not sure how to create a JIRA issue or
> even if i can, but we should be sure not to forget this one.

Thanks for the note.  I created a ticket here:

https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/ITK-2606

> The registration refactoring commit
> http://review.source.kitware.com/2096 is also a huge patch set that
> changes a lot of stuff.  It risks to suffer from the same problem.  If
> theres any way at all to split it up into pieces that might make the
> reviews go faster.  Ideally, I would like to be sure i understand the
> design intent first - then i can check that the code actually delivers
> what the design intends that it should.
>
> I feel i should point out that what makes these so tough to review is
> there is a massive amount of very good, detailed work involved.   To
> give it the thorough review it deserves is inevitably time consuming,
> I hope those actually doing the work arent getting discouraged by all
> the questioning.

I concur.  It is also good to start getting the code merged so
dashboard issues and interactions with the rest of the toolkit can be
addressed.  Thanks to Luis, Bill L, and Brian for the help this
weekend fixing up the dashboard.

Matt