[Insight-developers] ITKImageFunction dependecy in Transform

M Stauffer (V) mstauff at verizon.net
Wed Aug 10 12:25:26 EDT 2011

Thanks Matt, see below...

>> In rebasing the Transform changes patch set onto the latest
>itk master, I've
>> got a dependency problem. DeformationFieldTransform
>> includes itkVectorLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h, which is
>> in ITKImageFunction. But adding this to
>Transform/itk-module.cmake causes a
>> circular dependency. Any suggestions? I don't know how to
>handle this.
>
>That is a difficult problem.  Moving DeformationFieldTransform to
>ITKImageFunction would probably not be appropriate.  Is it possible to
>use a C++ forward declaration for
>VectorLinearInterpolateImageFunction?  I assume that any module
>depending on ITKTransform is also likely to depend on ITKImageFunction
>anyway.

OK, a forward declare works. Of course I have to declare the template
parrameters along with the forward declaration so it's a little messy in
that it will need changing if the VectorLinearInterpolateImageFunction
template parameters change. Although if the class template pararmeters
change, lots of classes will change so I figure that's not a real
problem. So is forward-declaration like this ok in the ITK style?

I've split off the other issue of dependency on ITKImageFilterBase into
another email since it's a different issue.

-M