[Insight-developers] Adding a SimpleITK dashboard branch

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 2 12:57:20 EDT 2011

On 8/2/2011 10:50 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> I know how to create s new directory, and initialize a new repo,
 > then push the then origin with a new topic. I presume I have
 > permission to do this?

I just pushed out the ITK dashboard branch to SimpleITK and added
permission for you to update it.

> ITK's itk_common.cmake, is 95% of what is needed. I was thinking
 > that using git subtrees may be the best way to base of ITK's and
 > have the ability to merge. However most subtree workflows I have
 > seen are based on directory mapping a separate project, not the
 > root. Do you think this is a good approach?

Subtree features only work for mapping to a subdirectory.  That's
why it's called "subtree".  You can however just merge two totally
independent projects together and let their root trees mingle.

-Brad K