[Insight-developers] Need Help with warnings suppressions

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:15:57 EDT 2011

Folks,

I have had some success suppressing warnings from third party
software. But, there are some platforms that are not suppressing
warnings that other platforms suppress.  Here are some of the
platforms that are not suppressing the warnings.

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=987367
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=987815
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=984698
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=984704
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=987407

I have written a small program that uses kwsys' regular expression
class. It takes a re and a string. i have tried the failing platform
messages with this program and the warnings do match.

Here is an example:
/playpen/blowekamp/MacOSX-gcc4.2-rel/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/NrrdIO/src/NrrdIO/comment.c:122:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

which matches:
.*[/\\\\][Mm]odules[/\\\\][Tt]hird[Pp]arty[/\\\\][Nn]rrd[Ii][Oo][/\\\\].*[Ww]arning.*

I know there is some funkiness in the ordering of the ctest commands,
but it seems that these platforms use the proper ctest script.

What can I do to resolve or debug this issue?

Bill