[Insight-developers] Registering Review IOs/SimpleITK

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Apr 7 09:34:43 EDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 09:28 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> The MRCImageIO is going to be my favorite ImageIO next week. I am
> wondering if the ImageIOs that are in review should have an option to be
> registered like the main ImageIOs?
>
> If I was just writing c++ I'd just register the ImageIO myself, but as I
> am planning on using SimpleITK, I am hoping that this could be done in
> the ITK configuration process.

The IO factory in question needs to be given a private registration API
like this one:

  http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=Modules/IO/PNG/src/itkPNGImageIOFactory.cxx;hb=59e9749d#l49

Then modify UseITK to reference it when the appropriate module is enabled:

  http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=CMake/UseITK.cmake;hb=59e9749d

-Brad K