[Insight-developers] SimpleITK Community Survey Draft

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Sep 16 16:22:04 EDT 2010

Hello all

Just a quick glance through the questions I am concerned about the following: "Pipeline of image filters (eg Gaussian than Sigmoid filter)"

If someone does not know what a pipeline means, in the ITK sense,  then this may be misleading. It may be better to ask if any of the benefits and negatives of a pipeline are need, so that the pros and cons of this design pattern can be reevaluated for the target group. For example ask for feed back on the importance of the following:

tracking filter dependencies
automatic execution of modified dependencies on update
automatic streaming ( streaming is possible with out a pipeline)

minimal memory usage
immediate execution, and direct access to data

Just a quick thought,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for