[Insight-developers] Gerrit Topic Experimental Builds

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Nov 24 08:35:10 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 05:34 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm sure this is documented somewhere. This morning I pushed a topic
> to Gerrit. Shortly after that, the (very busy) Kitware Robot informed
> me that she had submitted experimental builds for my topic:

This might be off topic for this thread but :

I was hit fairly hard by the recent changes that broke streaming. In
fact I was baffled when my streaming vector gradient magnitude filter
wasn't working and then nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I saw
the failing tests for both streaming and the vector gradient magnitude
filter.

Anyway, both the hooperlab cluster and my home workstation have cycles
to spare and I'm very willing to set up some sort of less homogeneous
builds on them.

How should I set up builds so that problems can be caught before they
are merged into the main git repository?

I know some buzzwords CDash at Home, Continuous builds, and Gerrit but I
don't know how to put it all together.