[Insight-developers] ITK Dashboard Broken : Do not add features to ITK CVS.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 15 13:23:30 EDT 2010

Hi Kent,

Yes, that's right.

ITK 3.20 is now Frozeen in CVS.

Only bug fixes will be done there.

The transition plan is described here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Migration_Plan

in particular, in this diagram:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Migration_Plan#Migration_Plan

the Phases of transition are listed in
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Migration_Plan/Phases

Today we released ITK 3.20.

Brad King is now furiously working on moving it
from CVS to Git.

(as you can see in the upper left of the transition
plan diagram.)

Once in Git, we will do three or four intermediate Alpha
releases each one dealing with basic cleanup and
housekeeping tasks. (Getting rid of VS6 and BCC55
being one of them).  Then we will create topic branches
for all contractors to work on specific topics.

I would think that the introduction of Floating Point
exceptions belong in that first Alpha release, just
after we move to Git.  (but ... this is of course open
for discussion).

The CVS repository will be come a code museum,
and will only be there to support the community
until we have an ITKv4 that is in a presentable
state.

We are aware that the plan is far from perfect,
so, please feel free to point to any flaws that
you may see. We are all trying to navigate this
transition together.

   Thanks