[Insight-developers] Handling Floating Point Exceptions -- Implementation Questions

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 12 16:52:23 EDT 2010

This is with respect to this Mantis bug, which I'm taking over:

There is code I can use to implement a simple class to turn on numerical
exception handling, so that it can be turned on as a CMake option for
testing on Linux and OS X targets.

The question I have is this: I can inline this stuff into itkTestMain.h but
it is kind of hairy -- not so much because the code is ugly, but because of
a bunch of ifdefs for OS X and Linux.

This sort of thing that should be incorporated into KWSys.

There looks to be a vtkFloatingPointExceptions class in VTK but given what
I've been able to find out, it wouldn't work on OS X, whereas the
fe-handling-examples code would work on both Linux and OS X.

 If I add, FPException.hxx/FPException.cxx to the Insight version of KWSys,
will it get pushed into the main line KWSys (referenced by VTK, and
elsewhere)?