[Insight-developers] Fwd: Google Groups / Nabble / Xennob comparison charts

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Jul 7 16:15:46 EDT 2010

I have not seen spam problems in the Google Groups I¹ve managed. The only
way spam is a problem is if subscriptions are not moderated ‹ i.e. a human
admin has to approve each new subscriber.  Even for Insight-Users this
wouldn¹t be that huge a task.

Open subscription Google Groups are a target for spammers, that is true.
It¹s too bad that they don¹t use some of the anti-spam technology from GMail
to keep spammers out of groups, because that appears to work pretty well.