[Insight-developers] VXL : Toms library : ACM Copyright : non-commercial license

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jan 29 10:07:07 EST 2010

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

The code in question must be removed from ITK,
whether it is compiled or not.

Its license is not compatible with ITK license,
and therefore, the code has to go.

Note that the code is actually brought into ITK via
VXL. So, ultimatetly, the VXL developers should
consider removing this code from VXL, since it is
not compatible with the VXL license either.

I'll start an Experimental build with this code removed,
to evaluate the impact, and we should know soon
how much code has to be removed, and if needed:
replaced.

We will make sure to do this before we cut ITK 3.18.

     Thanks