[Insight-developers] AnalyzeIO large files and compression

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Jan 21 09:48:59 EST 2010

You are right about the file extension issue. Do you want me to test and
check in the fix, or do you want to do it?  I think this was a case where
more than one person was working on the code ‹ the test for Œ.gz¹ I think
predates adding the ŒFileExtension¹ function which returns Œ.img.gz¹.  When
the FileExtension function was added, the test wasn¹t updated.

I don¹t remember why we still keep AnalyzeImageIO around.  It seems like I
wanted to eliminate it at one point after the NIfTI reader was added, but
there was something about the NIfTI library that caused a problem.  I would
dearly love for itkAnalyzeImageIO to go away, as it was some of the first
code I wrote for ITK, and it¹s A) theoretically obsolete now that we have
the NIfTI reader and B) isn¹t particularly well written.