[Insight-developers] [Insight-users] Replacing Sparse Matrix Linear Solver : due to Licensing issues

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 1 15:48:53 EST 2010

I agree with Bill,

Libraries with LGPL are not an option.

At least not to be the primary support that is
included with ITK.

We could however support them as options
that users can turn ON locally, just as we do
with FFTW.

Our immediate case, however is that we need
to replace vnl_lsqr  Right Now, with something
that is it still a default option included with ITK.

BTW: I have added to the proposal page:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Sparse_Linear_Solvers

the link to your page:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4.0#3rd_Party_Libraries

---

I keep thinking that NSF/NASA/DOD/DOE + EU should
fund the development of set of mathematical libraries to
be released in the Public Domain.

This is a matter of essential computing infrastructure.

   Thanks