[Insight-developers] Direct commits versus gerrit-merge

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Dec 30 00:06:55 EST 2010

We might be able to add a hook. If you use the stage, then there is no
need to rebase, the hash will match and the Change-Id line will not be
necessary. So using the stage also negates the need for the Change-Id,
and makes the history clearer. We could require a Change-Id line as
the final line of the commit message, but it could still be an
incorrect change-id.

Hopefully this clears up what happened in this case, ideally once a
change is accepted then it should be pushed and merged unchanged (i.e.
no rebasing/further edits).