[Insight-developers] Slicer4 and ITK4: An Experiment

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 29 08:46:14 EST 2010

On Dec 29, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Bill Lorensen wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Just for yucks, I tried to build Slicer4 against the current head of ITK4.
>
> Here is the error report on an experimental build:
> http://cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=812043
>
> Actually, I did make a couple of minor edits before I ran it.
>
> A quick scan The bulk of the errors are do to four API changes:
>
> 1) The removal of Brains2MaskImageIO
> 2) Making Rigid3DTransform abstract

This one bit me a little bit in my code as well. The fix was not obvious my case.

> 3) Heavy use of gdcm version 1 code in DicomToNrrdConverter
> 4) The removal of OStringStream

I am the guilty party here. This is a very straight forward fix in code, just need to use std::ostringstream now. Where is the latest documentation how how to file a compatibility report thingy?

> Bill

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for