[Insight-developers] Dashboad: Looking at Valgrind

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Dec 18 18:17:33 EST 2010

Some clean up in this front....

The following patches in Gerrit should help
clean up a large chunk of the Valgrind errors:

1) http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,589
     addresses memory leaks from JPEG2000

2) http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,590
    addresses memory leaks from MetaImage.
    When the AdditionalReadFields were added,
    no provision was made to free their memory.

3) http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,592
    fix uninitialized variable in the TransformFileWriter.
    Somebody added a m_Precision variable, and
    never initialized in the constructor.

4) http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,593
    addresses memory leaks in the TransformFileReader
    and the SpatialObjectDuplicator. They are the consequence
    of the CreateInstance() method returning objects with one
    extra reference count. It is therefore needed to call
    UnRegister() after calling CreateInstance().
    The other option would have been to remove the call to
    Register() that is made inside of CreateInstance() but
    that will result in a non-backward compatible behavior.