[Insight-developers] FFTW as an external project?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Dec 17 13:01:24 EST 2010

On 12/17/2010 12:12 PM, kent williams wrote:
> 1. I don't know what this would do:
>  install(DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/FFTW DESTINATION .)
> but I suspect it wouldn't be good.
>
> ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/FFTW is the ExternalProject prefix

Okay, I thought it was just the install prefix.  The second approach
is better anyway.

> 2. INSTALL(CODE) is a possibility; or INSTALL(SCRIPT) since I'm punting on
> Windows by requiring an external FFTW installation.

Okay.

> 3. Is there a CMake variable/variables to get the system-appropriate
> extensions for libraries?

If you're punting on windows then hadcoding libfftw3.a will work everywhere
else AFAIK.  For reference, the variables were mentioned in the IMPORTED_LOCATION
example in my previous response:

 .../lib/${CMAKE_STATIC_LIBRARY_PREFIX}fftw3${CMAKE_STATIC_LIBRARY_SUFFIX}

-Brad