[Insight-developers] FloatingPointExceptions and failed tests in Mac

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Dec 17 11:11:47 EST 2010

Kent, Hans, Brad,

Looking closer at the tests that are failing in thurmite.kitware (a Mac
mini):

In Debug mode: 19 failing tests:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=803613

and in Release mode, 139 failing tests:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=802532

They turned out to be related to the fact that this build has ON the flag:

                  ITK_USE_FLOATINGPOINTEXCEPTIONS

When I turn the flag OFF, the build returns with only 6 tests failing:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=803142

Are you aware of any reason why the floating point exceptions
shouldn't  work in a Mac ?

and if so, ...
should we add some logic in the CMakeLists.txt file to
hide this flag when configuring in macs ?

     Thanks