[Insight-developers] Pushing to the same Gerrit patch number

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Dec 17 11:10:40 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought 'git gerrit-push' took care of appending the commit id so you
> could push a "patch set 2" to the same gerrit patch as your first push? Is
> this not the case? I keep accidentally making new Gerrit patches.
> David

If you have the Gerrit local hook on it will insert a Change-Id: line
as the final line of your commit message. If you then edit that
commit, amend, interactive rebase etc, and push again, this will show
up as patch set 2, 3, and so on assuming you do not change the
change-id line, or add lines after it.

If you just make another commit, then it will show up as another
commit with a unique change-id.

Marcus