[Insight-developers] ITK Examples and supported ITK version ?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:05:34 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Arnaud GELAS
<arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Right now, when creating examples we write code with the ITK version we use
> locally.
> For instance, some user may create examples based on ITK 3.20, and some
> other based on alpha releases of ITKv4 (or git version).
>
> Should we specify which version of ITK was used to write these examples? If
> yes, how?
> Should examples be written with ITK 3.20 and also used as examples / tests
> for the migration guide?
>
> Thanks,
> Arnaud

Our philosophy with the VTK examples has been that they should work on
the current development version of VTK. That is, they should
demonstrate "current best practices". If I know the example
demonstrates something very new I put a comment in the prose like "You
will need the git version of VTK as of Dec 12, 2010 to compile this
example."

David