[Insight-developers] N4 in ITK

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Dec 8 14:20:09 EST 2010

I just downloaded the IJ article again, and copied in the
itkN4MRIBiasFieldCorrectionImageFilter.(txx,h) into our BRAINS3 tree.
Looking at a diff, I don't see huge changes, so I'll have to take your word
for it that you've improved it.

I'm not close enough to the code to know how 'ITK-ready' it is. I do know
that we do use it at Iowa as part of our 'standard workup' for brain images.

I do know that you do include tests and some reasonably compact test images.
If there's concensus to move the N4 class into ITK, it could go in pretty
easily.

On 12/8/10 11:56 AM, "Nicholas Tustison" <ntustison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kent,
>
> The N4 contribution has been updated on the IJ with Richard's suggestions.
> Everything seems to run properly on my two mac machines and all the IJ tests
> continue to pass but, since I can't test other platforms, please let me know
> if you run into any difficulties the next time you sync.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>

> On Dec 7, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Hans Johnson wrote:
>
>> Nick,
>>
>> I'd support putting the general ITK process objects that have wider usage
>> into ITK, and putting the application that is used into Slicer3.  Let the
>> ITK community maintain the core algorithmic pieces, and the Slicer community
>> maintain the end user application interfaces.
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> --
>> Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.
>> Hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
>>
>> 278 GH
>> The University of Iowa
>> Iowa City, IA 52241
>> (319) 353 8587
>>

>>> From: Nicholas Tustison <ntustison at gmail.com>
>>> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:40:06 -0500
>>> To: Kent Williams <norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu>
>>> Cc: ITK <insight-developers at itk.org>, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
>>> Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] N4 in ITK
>>>
>>> Hi Kent,
>>>
>>> That's what I had figured that you all were heavy users/testers like we are
>>> at
>>> Penn.  In addition, Andriy interfaces with the slicer community regarding