[Insight-developers] vxl update

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Dec 8 11:52:30 EST 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:33:05 -0500, Hans Johnson said:

>In my highly opinionated cost/benefit analysis, we will gain more happy
>end-users from targeted performance testing and maintenance simplifications
>at the cost of a few un-happy end-users who will be required to find a way
>to install an updated free (from a licensing perspective) one of our few
>supported compilers.

+1

Other than midworld.kitware, is there even another gcc 3.3 dashboard?

As for midworld, it's a G5 running 10.3.9, it could be updated to
10.5.8, though you may need a little more RAM.  Then Xcode 3.1.4 can be
installed, which provides gcc 4.2.

Maybe support for 3.3 can be dropped, but retain support for only the
last of the 3.x series (3.4.6)?

>>> I could fix this the same way it was fixed for VTK/ITK years ago: an #if
>>> APPLE that ignores the try-compile results.
>>
>> http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commitdiff;h=2d832c34

Brad, that looks good.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com