[Insight-developers] vxl update

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Dec 8 11:37:31 EST 2010

Matthew,

It is the default, but is gcc4 already installed?  I'm almost certain that
RedHat EL4 defaults to gcc3, but gcc4 is usually installed, or is easy to
install.

Perhaps you are going to prove my hypothesis incorrect.

PS:  I've found significant performance improvements when using gcc4.  If
performance is an issue, I'd recommend you use gcc4 in release mode.  There
are some compiler options that really help with performance that are only
available in gcc4.

Hans
--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.