[Insight-developers] last commit in hooks seems broken

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Aug 31 14:52:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to commit a small fix but git won't let me do,
without even an error message, only a return code:

[glehmann at marvin ITK]$ git status
# On branch master
# Changes to be committed:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
#	modified:   Code/BasicFilters/itkMaskImageFilter.h
#
[glehmann at marvin ITK]$ git commit -m "fix GetMaskImage() when mask and
input are not of the same type"
[glehmann at marvin ITK]$ echo $?
1
[glehmann at marvin ITK]$ git status
# On branch master
# Changes to be committed:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
#	modified:   Code/BasicFilters/itkMaskImageFilter.h
#

I reproduced the same behavior on two different hosts (linux and mac).

I finally have been able to commit by removing the last commit in
hooks branch.

   cd .git/hooks
   git reset --hard 7cd9751649d0bb93bdc7b88f96b840877c202b11
   cd -

Took me 5 minutes to fix the bug and almost an hour to figure how to
commit it :-(

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann