[Insight-developers] CMake Export / Code Review of GDCM integration (without gerrit)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 26 09:51:51 EDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 04:29 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> However now export_library_dependencies

That command is ancient, should not be used, and does not produce
the error you describe.  Do you mean install(EXPORT)?

> complains that itkzlib /
> itkopenjpeg are not part of the export target 'GDCMExport'. In order
> to fix the symptoms I had to apply the following:
>
> http://github.com/malaterre/ITK/commit/f2b6ec745b9ff9b1a62d1dfc4354299b6952d1ac
>
>   Is there another way so that I do not have to touch the current
> settings of itkzlib/itkexpat/itkopenjpeg ?

When GDCM is built inside of ITK it should not invoke install(EXPORT)
at all.  The ITK-built GDCM should not claim to be a regular GDCM.
Really ITK should be exporting all its targets too.  The utility
libraries should all have configurable names to hand to the EXPORT
option of their install(TARGETS) calls.  Then a single "ITKTargets"
export will have everything.

-Brad