[Insight-developers] JPEG2000ImageIO moved to Review : Input images too large...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 23 17:23:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <
mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
> wrote:
> > We are however, struggling with the input images,
> > since they are rather large.
> >
> > So far we have committed only the images
> >
> > Bretagne1.j2k ---- 90Kb
> > Cevennes2.jp2 ---- 18Kb
>
> At a minimum I would like to see at least one image with multiple
> tiles. I am not a kakadu expert, but it should be fairly easy to
> generate one from one of those two j2k images you mention (using
> kdu_compress).
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mathieu

----------------------------------

Hi Mathieu,

We are now exploring the option of using MIDAS
for storing the testing data.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Testing_Data

All ITK testing data is now at:

http://midas.kitware.com/community/view/5

it includes some images with multiple tiles:

http://midas.kitware.com/item/view/437

and the MIDASapp command line application
can be used to download it.
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Testing_Data#MIDASapp

A branch with the experimental code for downloading
data from MIDAS is available at:

http://github.com/luisibanez/ITK/tree/midasapp

----

All that said, I fully agree with you in that we
must include some image with multiple tiles.
That's an important j2k feature that we must
test nightly.

Does anyone has access to a kakadu installation,
and would like to contribute a multi-tile image
suitable for public distribution ?