[Insight-developers] Failing test on SunOS-CC-i386

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Aug 17 09:58:56 EDT 2010

Hello all,

With ITKv4 are we going to re-intorduce compiler dependent ifdefs where needed or should we introduce CMAKE checks to detect the compiler "feature"?

Bellow is a discussion where this issue has already come up, with trying to get a Sun test to pass.

http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commitdiff;h=a162e545278fce7bba0fb698e7645038e0e495f5

Should we use the compiler ifdef or introduce a cmake/itkConfigure define?

On Aug 17, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> Le 17 août 10 à 15:18, Bradley Lowekamp a écrit :
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> This looks like a very odd bug with this compiler, and it might change in the next minor version.
>
> yes, that's odd
>

>> Do you think we should try to check for this with CMake?
>
> At this stage, I guess we are supposed to clean things up, not to add more special cases, so I'm not so pleased with my fix.
> Do you think it would be cleaner with a check in CMake?
>
> Gaëtan
>

>> Brad

>>> Hi Brad,
>>>
>>> It actually segfaults while trying to build a long double. I don't know why.
>>> As a workaround, I've set double as the PrintType of long double for that platform.
>>>
>>> Gaëtan
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gaëtan Lehmann
>>> Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction
>>> INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
>>> tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
>>> http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr  http://www.itk.org
>>> http://www.mandriva.org  http://www.bepo.fr

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for