[Insight-developers] Numerical issues with new code

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Apr 14 19:53:11 EDT 2010

Bill,

The actual problem seems to be that the new lsqrBase.cxx file is a C++
file, and all the other files in the v3p/netlib directory are .c files.

The CMakeLists.txt file at the top defines that this directory is a "C"
project,
and as a consequence the netlib library doesn't get to be linked to the
C++ libraries.

In order to fix the problem, we now build a library:  "itkv3p_lsqr" in the
directory : v3p/netlib/linalg.   It is not quite the right location, since
this
code was not really taken from "netlib", but at least it gets the project
to build without too much disruption.

The relevant changes were:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/CMakeLists.txt?root=Insight&r1=1.29&r2=1.30&sortby=date
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/algo/CMakeLists.txt?root=Insight&r1=1.10&r2=1.11&sortby=date

and new file:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/linalg/CMakeLists.txt?root=Insight&sortby=date&view=log

This is now compiling and linking fine in dashsun1.kitware.