[Insight-developers] ImageSeriesWriter + GDCMImageIO

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:55:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) When I read a DICOM set as a volume that has direction cosines
> written as:
>
>  Ax\Ay\Az\Bx\By\Bz
>
> these values are stored in a 3x3 matrix as:
>
>  Ax  Bx  Cx
>  Ay  By  Cy   (where C=AxB)
>  Az  Bz  Cz
>
> When I write back this volume as 2D DICOM, direction cosines are:
>
>  Ax\Bx\Cx\Ay\By\Cy
>

> The second attached file (GDCMDirectionCosines.diff) should correct this
> behaviour. (I tested this only for GDCM 2)

Ok I understand the mystery. I should drop the GDCM 1.x portion of
your patch, but you are saying that the GDCM 2.x portion of the patch
needs to be applied (parallel to bug 0007748).

In this case open a bug report and assign it to me, please drop the
first part of the patch.

Thanks !
--
Mathieu