[Insight-developers] Read-Write Lab-color tiff images

Алексей Тихвинский tikhvinsky at mail.ru
Thu Sep 24 09:23:00 EDT 2009

Hello.

I want to implement a functionality to read/write tiff images with Lab-color spaces such as CIE L*a*b*, ICC (Adobe) L*a*b* and ITU L*a*b*.
A problem I face now is how to propagate color space information between TIFFImageIO class and Image class.

1. TIFFImageIO must know color space when image is writing to set PHOTOMETRIC tag properly.
2. TIFFImageIO should know if Lab<>RGB (or Lab<>Grayscale) conversion is needed during read/write operations.

Is there some generic functionality in ITK library to do that or I need to create some new?

Thank you!
/lexis