[Insight-developers] Failing dashboard test - itkStatisticsAlgorithmTest

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Nov 13 19:46:41 EST 2009

Hi all,

For a while now, one test on our build machine is always failing:
itkStatisticsAlgorithmTest.
<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=468114>

It doesn't fail elsewhere.  It times out after 110 seconds.  The slowest
machine that passes the test does so in 1 second, so I don't think my
timeout is too low.

It's consuming 100% CPU; I ran it in gdb and paused it every few minutes.

It seems to be stuck in:

template< class TSubsample >
inline void InsertSort(TSubsample* sample,
                       unsigned int activeDimension,
                       int beginIndex,
                       int endIndex)

beginIndex is 0, endIndex is 125, and backwardsSearchBegin seems stuck
at 1, so I guess it's stuck in the 'while' loop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com