[Insight-developers] Portable round - Is it still time to commit?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Tue May 26 04:53:10 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Guess I did the code review of ITK_USE_PORTABLE_ROUND a little too
fast. I didn't spot another problem with the portable rounding
function.

I was so sure that it::Math::Round was rounding half-integers upward
that I read it that way in itkMacro.h. Actually, what we have in this
file is

inline int Round(float   x) { return RoundHalfIntegerToEven(x); }
inline int Round(double  x) { return RoundHalfIntegerToEven(x); }

instead of what I understood the consensus would have led to

inline int Round(float   x) { return RoundHalfIntegerUp(x); }
inline int Round(double  x) { return RoundHalfIntegerUp(x); }

Changing this fixes the two additional failing tests that appeared
with the previous patch (ResampleImageFilter3Test and
ResampleImageFilter9Test) when
ITK_USE_CENTERED_PIXEL_COORDINATES_CONSISTENTLY was off.

For your consideration, I have attached an updated patch. Also as
shown in this patch, there is a small cmake issue in
ResampleImageFilter3Test1 when
ITK_USE_CENTERED_PIXEL_COORDINATES_CONSISTENTLY is on.

Hope this helps,

Tom