[Insight-developers] Missing ITK Valgrind? : Looking for Volunteers

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed May 20 10:39:23 EDT 2009

Le 20 mai 09 à 16:08, Luis Ibanez a écrit :

> How about we split the effort ?
>

> If we identify four machines and set them up for running one of the
> four pieces.
>

> I can set thurmite.kitware to do one piece.
> (I assume that Valgrind runs equally fine on a Mac Mini...)

I don't think that valgrind is supported on Mac OS X yet. IIRC, it is
still a work in progress.

> Zion.kitware could run another quarter (starting after 10am).
>

> Gaetan: could you share with us the recipe that you use for running
>        Valgrind ?
>
>        How do you split the run into four pieces ?

The run is splitted in four pieces to be able to run valgrind on
several cores. Only two pieces are run every day to be able to
complete the run in an acceptable time.
I'm already sharing the most useful part: the CTest scripts are
available on the dashboard. For example:

   http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=324314

There is really nothing special - only a quarter of the tests are run
in each script, with the flag -I 1,,4. Two of the scripts are started
every two days alternatively, with cron:

0  3 * * * killall -9 ctest valgrind
10 3 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30 * * time nice -19 /home/
itkdash/local/bin/ctest -S CTestScript/Test0.cmake
10 3 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30 * * time nice -19 /home/
itkdash/local/bin/ctest -S CTestScript/Test1.cmake
10 3 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31 * * time nice -19 /
home/itkdash/local/bin/ctest -S CTestScript/Test2.cmake
10 3 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31 * * time nice -19 /
home/itkdash/local/bin/ctest -S CTestScript/Test3.cmake

I'm running only half of the test every day with this configuration.
If someone wants to run the other half, that would be great :-)

Gaëtan