[Insight-developers] Warnings on gelas.megason-lab.hms

Arnaud Gelas arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Mon May 18 11:15:34 EDT 2009

Hi Wes,

You're right, this is one of my machine. I can remove -Wshadow flag (no
problem, will be done for next nightly build)!
Note I have been asked couple of days ago to add these following flags
for compilation:

-Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wno-format-nonliteral -Wunused
-Wpointer-arith -Winvalid-pch -Wcast-align -Wdisabled-optimization
-Woverloaded-virtual -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-null-sentinel

I had to add -funit-at-a-time to remove error messages from gcc...

Would it be possible to agree on the right flags to be used with gcc
4.3.2 (and other compiler) for nightly builds?

I have just started a wiki page for this issue:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Build_Instructions_for_Developers

Arnaud