[Insight-developers] Moving Insight Journal Paper 176

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue May 12 15:25:57 EDT 2009

Le 12 mai 09 à 15:08, Gaëtan Lehmann a écrit :

>> Two quick issues.
>>
>>       • If we try to configure the system with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE set
>> to Release, the compiler crashes (error message is below).  System
>> is Ubuntu, gcc-4.2.4 oor 4.3.2.
>>
>> I had this kind of problem on mandriva 2009.0 rc1 last year. A
>> compiler upgrade fixed the problem.
>> Now that I see that code, it recall me that et should be moved to
>> an helper function, because, IIRC, msvc 6 doesn't like too much the
>> templated method. This small change may help with your compiler
>> issue as well :-)
>>
>> It's not clear.  Is this something you can help with, or are you
>> proposing that I move this out?
>
> I can't help with the compiler issue.
> But the method where your compiler fail needs a small refactoring to
> build with older compilers. This refactoring may help with the
> compiler crash you're experimenting.
>
> I hope that's much clear.

Hi,

I've implemented the helper function for a new class. There is no
templated method in:

   http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/binaryAttributeMorphology/itkShapeUniqueLabelMapFilter.txx

Instead I've used a templated function in

   http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/binaryAttributeMorphology/itkLabelMapUtilities.h

I guess that's better for msvc 6 compatibility, and maybe for Wes'
compiler issue.
I'd be happy to get some comments on this way of implementing things.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)