[Insight-developers] Incorporating the new statistics framework in ITK

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sun May 10 12:26:45 EDT 2009

Hello:

The refactored framework has been checked into Code/Review/Statistics/ .

The default is to build using the old framework. The new framework is used
instead when ITK_USE_REVIEW and ITK_USE_REVIEW_STATISTICS are turned ON.

Filters using the statistics classes (in Algorithms, BasicFilters etc) and
their associated examples and tests have been fixed to work with both the
old and the new. You will find ifdefs in the code for this purpose.

Examples/Statistics are disabled when using the refactored framework. This
is due to the fact that we will be including the refactored
statisticslibrary when we update the SoftwareGuide the next time and
hence we'd be
writing a parallel Examples directory. We are not going to have the guide
telling users how to use to older framework.

There are two parallel testing trees.
     Testing/Code/Numerics/Statistics - Old framework
     Testing/Code/Review/Statistics - New framework

InsightApplications/ has been fixed to work with the old and the new
frameworks. We had to disable an application :
GaussianMinimumErrorClassifier since we had not implemented a few filters in
the new framework.

isengard, zion and redwall submit nightly builds using the new framework.

As a reminder, please refrain from making changes to
NAMICSandbox/ITKStatisticsPipelineRefactoring, since we are going to ignore
this repository. It has found a new life inside ITK now.

Thanks
--
karthik